Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Thought of Mid of June... Tet Doan Ngo or Doan Ngo Festival Translated literally.


Half year had gone by fast... I had so much going on but thanks God I've not forgotten today is Tet Doan Ngo in my tradition. I was in China town today and it reminded me when I saw Tro cakes.


The festival is one of the most popular traditional festivals celebrated in my country, with lots of fruits, glutinous rice pudding, and Tro cakes. Also occurs on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month which is the beginning of summertime – a ripe time for pests and parasites.


Look at the Tro cakes from Singapore! Are they looking yummy to you?
This is the middle year festival for the prevention of disease and ward off evil spirits. On the day of 'killing insects', every one has to get up early, eat fermented sticky, Tro cake, fruits and drink rice wine. The worship is held at noon. In my opinion, Tet Doan Ngo just like Thanks Giving. 


Life is a journey to experience. Many times we are too busy with our work that we forget what we are living for. Half of 2013 has gone. Today I do take some time off afternoon to reflect upon myself. Are the activities I am doing bring us closer to our goals or are we drifting away from it?
So far I'm getting closer to my goal for this year. I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment