Sunday, June 16, 2013

Papa's stories... Every Day is Father's Day.



From Seattle Scott text me 4 am early morning :
" I just woke up :-) "
" Good morning still ? " I text back at 7:15 am Hawaii time.
" :-) "
" I'm counting... to get up " I was still in bed.
" Without supervision? " He said.
" Hahaha... "
" Gosh, It's Father's Day. I miss my Dad and you at the same time... Who should I miss more? " I was teasing with Scott.
" I'm thinking your Dad. You've know him a lot longer :-) " He answered.
" Lol, I just got off Face Time with my Dad. My Mom kept jump into our conversations... I had to tell my Mom It's for Dad's Day. Of course, I do love and miss him more... " I text him back half hour later.
" Hahaha... " Scott laughed. 


Since the Viet Nam War 1975 ended, my little family had been far- reaching effect and tremendous the loss of what we had built, our pride and destroyed my family life. Specially it left us and many others massive hurt, painful memories, bitter and deep psychological problems... It took us 20 years regained what been lost, but at enormous cost and with huge destruction and loss of life.

My Dad had lost everything... His hopes and dreams was shattered, his innocence stolen... He resign himself in silence many years after the Reeducation camp by Viet Cong.

Eventually, my father regained the strength to find work, though he was precluded from physical labor in the US. Because being an immigrant plus Veteran was extremely challenging for him to find employment. Most of the job offers he received paid less than what he needed to provide for our family. He had made his life and our family reborn again.


Once morning, I remembered Scott tied his shoes by the elevator while we were waiting for seconds arrived... That few seconds also reminded me of my Dad when He taught me how to tie my shoes. I was five years old. I'm still not perfect at how to make a knot or a bow for my shoes today. Scott was quick and perfect than me.


I am forever grateful to my dad for his unconditional love and for being the best parent he could be, even during the toughest times in our lives. His endless sacrifices and commitment to putting us first have not gone unnoticed. He has kept his promise ever since.
I love and miss him everyday...

No comments:

Post a Comment